Friday, March 16, 2012
Celebrating often makes us feel terrible or guilty the next day. Here are two suggestions for enjoying St. patty's day and indulging in the best of everything!
If your hoping to indulge in something green here are some great options:
Sip on some green champagne
Less calories than beer and tastes better too!
There is once a year you might get me to drive thru the McDonald's Drive thru...that's for a shamrock shake!
Thank you to Rose Cole for this fabulous recipe!
Raw Mint-Chip Shamrock Shake
1-2 Tbs cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
1 frozen large banana (the more ripe, the better)
1-2 drops peppermint extract (or handful of fresh mint leaves)
1/4 cup frozen spinach (or opt for all-natural green food coloring, or just make a white mint shake)
2/3 cup non-dairy milk of choice (coconut, almond, hemp, etc. Use more or less, depending on desired thickness.)
Blend everything together and enjoy!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
I have always had a strong love affair with Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. What's not to love? Well now the health nut in me can rejoice...a healthier option of frozen perfection.
Top 10 Reasons I ADORE Ben and Jerry's
10. Amazing ice cream, frozen yogurt and sorbet
9. FREE Cone Day April 3rd
8. Factory in Stove Vermont with tours, free samples and amazing events~! Nothing quite like a B & J's festival!
7. Sources the finest ingredients
6. Creates social awareness and jobs all over the world
5. Phish Food
4. Three pints a day for employees (a bit excessive - but hey!)
3. Free Cherry Garcia Cart met us in Tel Aviv while attending a Laser Grateful Dead show
2. Great story of how it all began
1. Greek frozen yogurt makes me so happy! Twice the protein and 1/2 the fat! Just the right bit of tanginess:)