Monday, October 3, 2011

Baked Chicken Mediterranean

I stick to a meat free diet, but I enjoy cooking it for the ones I love. I would never ask anyone to adapt to my eating habits. I love to cook for them the foods I love, but will always find recipes they enjoy as well. Here is a great recipe I found from www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com. A great resource for gluten free living. I have also made this recipe without all of the spices, raisins and capers and it was equally delicious.

Baked Chicken - Mediterranean style

4 split organic free-range skinless chicken breasts
Sea salt and gluten-free Lemon Pepper seasoning, to taste
1 14-oz can Organic fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
3/4 cup of Organic pasta sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup red wine
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups of thin pepper strips- mixed green, yellow and orange peppers
2 large portobella mushrooms, sliced
10 to 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped black olives
2 heaping tablespoons capers
1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Lightly oil a 10x13-inch baking pan with olive oil.

Wash the chicken in cold water and pat dry; season with lemon pepper; place in the baking dish.

In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken breasts.

Loosely cover with foil and bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside, anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes depending upon the size of the chicken breasts

Serve with brown rice, quinoa or mashed potatoes. Offer crumbled feta or goat cheese as a garnish.

Serves 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment